- The aim of this workshop is to enhance the direct exchange of
scientific information among the younger members of the Relativistic
Heavy Ion community, both from the experiments and theory. Therefore we
especially want to encourage postdoctoral fellows, advanced graduate
students, and junior faculty and research staff to apply. Topics that will be addressed include:
- QCD at high temperature/density and lattice QCD
- Initial state effects and the Color Glass Condensate
- Relativistic hydrodynamic and collective phenomena
- Correlations and fluctuations
- Jets in the vacuum and in the medium
- Baryons and Strangeness
- Heavy Flavor, dileptons and photons
- Applications of String Theory and AdS/CFT
- Experimental techniques and future programs apparatus
- The workshop will be held on September 21-28, 2014, in Las Negras -- Cabo de Gata Natural Park,
Andalucia, Spain. For more details see here.
- The format of the workshop is morning and afternoon/evening sessions
consisting of short (~20 min) presentations. Each session is
followed by a relatively long (~1hr) Question&Answer (Q&A) session. The
KKG Award is presented to the best presentation at the conference. The
prize is dedicated to the memory of Klaus Kinder Geiger,
who perished on the Swiss Air flight 111 from New York to Geneva in
1998. Active participation by all is encouraged in the Q&A sessions.
All participants are expected to be present at the workshop premises
throughout the duration of the conference.
Ample free time between lunch and the afternoon session and after
dinner is planned in order to enhance such informal interactions.
- This year we plan to have ~80 participants (+ organizers). As before every participant will give an oral presentation.
- The deadline for registration is
June 15, 2014. Registration (including full board and accommodation in a double room) of a total of 400 EUR, MUST be paid
before September 15, 2014.
See here for more details including also fees for accompanying persons.
- There will be proceedings for the workshop. Details to be announced later.
- As for previous Hot Quarks, a symbolic award for the best presentation at the workshop will be instituted. The award is dedicated to the memory of the late Klaus Kinder-Geiger. Winner of HQ2012 was Dragos Velicanu.
- As for previous Hot Quarks, a poster competition for the best conference poster took place
at Pratt Institute, Brooklyn , NY, USA. The winning artist is illustration major Hein Zaayman.